Cook & Paint Provence with Tess
With Paint Provence we will:
• Pick you up from and take you back to the airport.
• Drive you to some of our most stunning scenic destinations.
• Provide delicious home-made breakfast, lunches, picnic lunches and dinner by our chef Anne or Lucy.
• Wine tasting at several of our local châteaux just a walk away.
• Take you to the famous Lorgues Market on Tuesday mornings.
• Will run from Saturday to Saturday.
• On arrival you will be welcomed with a drink and snack and shown your rooms.
• Settle in, go for a walk and then we will all meet for an introductory chat and we will discuss the week together.
• Our lovely chef Anne or Lucy will serve a sumptuous dinner for us on the terrace.
• We will finish at 4 pm most days and this will give you a chance to swim, walk, go to local vineyards or simply rest before the evening meal.
Paint Provence with Tess
Your Cook & Paint Course in Provence
9 am breakfast of local pastries and fruit. I will spend the morning teaching you knife techniques and during this we will make an amazing Salad Niçoise to get you straight into the atomosphere of Provence with one of its most traditional dishes. Then you have a break for a few hours to enjoy the pool or a walk in the vineyards. At 4 pm we will meet again in the kitchen and prepare the evening meal of roast shoulder of lamb from Sisteron with fresh herbs from our garden, rataouille à la Tess and Pomme Dauphinoise. We will make a simple dessert with fruit in season, why not a delicious apricot tart?
Breakfast at 9 am. For lunch we will make a few more local dishes, including a pissaladière and tapenade with a delightful and inventive salad. Again after lunch you will have a few hours break for yourselves and at 4 pm we will meet in the kitchen and prepare a poulet Provençal with local Camargue red rice. Followed by a clafoutis aux cerises.
Leave for market at 8 am for coffee and pastries at the market. Inhale and experience a typical Provençal market and bring home some of the delights. Spring is the time of year for courgettes flowers, so what could be better for lunch than tempura of fleurs de courgettes with a spicy tomtato coulis and a salad de chevre chaud on a bed of mesclum. In the evening we will make soupe au pistou, a cheese board of local cheeses from the morning market, followed by a simple dessert of fresh fruit from the market.
Breakfast at 9 am and then off to Lac St Croix by 9:30, where we will spend the morning painting and going over techiniques. Eat our delicious lunch prepared by our chef. In the afternoon we will go to the poppy fields to paint. Late afternoon we will visit the delightful village of Ste Marie de Moustier before returning home.
Breakfast at 8:30 am and leave at 9:30 am for Mas des Brun in Saint Cyr sur Mer where Kristi and Jean-Marc will welcome you to their organic vineyard and olive farm by the sea. We will paint amongst the ancient olive trees and picnic in their shade. Have a picnic lunch with Kristi and Jean-Marc and in the afternoon paint in the vines, we will leave for home at 3:30 pm.
Breakfast 9 am leave for somewhere local to paint for the morning in the spring it will be poppy fields in the autumn our wild flower meadow. Then lunch and an afternoon painting at our house and an exhibition of your work with friends and a glass of wine in hand.
Early breakfast and pack. Back to the airport to continue ever onward.